Art Springs 2023
Hot Springs Area Cultural Alliance
PO Box 21358
Hot Springs, AR 71903
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Type: Festivals
Event Dates: 4/29/2023 – 4/30/2023
Entry Deadline: 3/15/2023
Use form at bottom of page to apply
Images – Minimum: 6, Maximum: 6
Total Media – Minimum: 6, Maximum: 6
Entry Fee: $30.00
Art Springs is the free 2-day outdoor festival portion of the annual Hot Springs celebration – Arts & The Park. Art Springs is a juried festival featuring talented fine artists, artisans. and fine crafts. This year will also include an expanded venue area to include Art Village for fine artists and artisans and Marketplace for fine crafts. Art Springs is held at the Hill Wheatley Plaza in downtown historic Hot Springs and is open from 10 am to 6 pm on Saturday, April 29 and 10 am – 4 pm on Sunday, April 30, 2023.
Historic Hot Springs with its National Park attracts visitors from across the country and even around the world. Art Springs 2022 attendance was over 9,300. In addition to fine arts, artisans and fine crafts, the event includes art demonstrations, stage with live music, poetry and dance, and a children’s art activity area. Food trucks and beverages for sale will be on site. Festival hotel discounts will be available at selected downtown hotels.
Covid precaution recommendations by the CDC will be monitored and recommendation followed.
The call is open to all artists 18 years or older.
Artists must be in attendance for the duration of Art Springs and are encouraged to demonstrate their art in their booth.
- Artists must submit 6 images representative of the work they wish to exhibit. Include a photo of your typical booth, if possible.
- All art must be original and created by the applicant. Vendors and resellers are not permitted.
- Artists may only exhibit works in the media they were juried into.
- All jewelry must be hand-crafted and contain no more than 40% of purchased components (fittings, beads, etc).
- Artists may sell only representations of what their submitted photos depict.
- Reproductions (e.g. cards, prints) may comprise no more than 50% of inventory.
- The Hot Springs Area Cultural Alliance (Promoter) shall have the right to use all submitted photos in promotion and advertisement of the event.
- The event will proceed rain or shine.
- There will be no refunds or credits given.
Participation in Art Springs 2023 is through a juried process consisting of a panel of 3 jurors. The panel will review all submitted applications and select up to 50 artists, fine artisans and fine crafts. Consideration may be given to applicants with ties to the greater Hot Springs area and state of Arkansas, area of art, willingness to demonstrate in their booth, and the date of application.
- The application fee will be $30.
- Applications should be submitted by March 15
- Invitations will be sent to selected applicants via email no later than March 20, 2023.
- Applicants must confirm/accept the invitation by April 15, 2023 and immediately remit the booth fee.
- Single booth, no electricity is $100/ with electricity $125.*
- Double booth, no electricity is $200, with electricity is $250.*
- Double booth with tent and table is $325, with electricity $375*
- If invited to participate, participants may be named and/or featured in event promotions.
*Due to limited double booths and booths with electricity, apply as soon as possible.
Three booth awards are given on Sunday, April 30:
- People’s Choice
- Artists’ Choice
- HSACA Board Choice
Each category winner will receive a cash award and a free booth for Art Springs 2023
- Artists are responsible for their own tents, tables, chairs, displays, grounded extension cords and dollies/carts.
- Tents and all materials must fit in the assigned booth space.
- White tents are preferred.
- Artists must provide their own booth sign clearly identifying the name of the artist and/or studio.
- The venue is black top/concrete. Tents may not be anchored to the ground. Tents must be weighted down. Hot Springs can be quite windy. Artists must provide their own weights for their tents.
- All tables must be draped to the ground. All boxes and packing materials must be hidden from view.
- There will be a stage with on-going live entertainment. No televisions, radios, cd players, etc. are permitted during festival hours. No generators are permitted.
- All prices must be clearly marked. No Sales or Discount signs permitted.
- Artists are responsible for paying sales taxes in accordance with Arkansas Department of Revenue collection agent’s guide sheets. Sales tax information packets will be given to exhibiting artists.
- Artists are responsible for the delivery, handling, erection and removal of their work and exhibit tent, tables, chairs, and equipment.
- Artists are responsible for keeping their area clean including during tear down at the end of the day. Trash barrels will be available.
- There will be security overnight Friday and Saturday, however artists are encouraged to use sides of tents, lowering tents overnight, and securing their inventory. There will be an activity and/or entertainment on the stage Friday and Saturday nights.
Days of Art Springs:
- Artists check in at the Cultural Alliance Hub to receive their booth assignment
- Set up (expanded setup time for 2018):
- Friday, April 28, 2 – 6 pm
- Saturday, April 29, 7:00 am – 9:45 am
- All vehicles must be moved off the show grounds by 5 pm on Friday and by 8:30 am Saturday.
- Artist parking areas are within walking distance of the show grounds.
- Open hours:
- Saturday, April 29, 10 am – 6 pm*
- Sunday, April 30, 10 am – 4 pm.
- Tear down Sunday, April 30, not prior to 4 pm and should be completed by 6 pm.