2021 HSACA – Arts & the Park Songwriting Competition Rules and Entry Directions
Application deadline: April 15, 2021 11:59 PM ET
The celebration of Henry Glover on what would have been his 100th birthday is a focus of Arts & the Park 2021. In the spirit of this trailblazer in the music industry, HSACA is seeking original music written by songwriters for featured performance at the Arts & the Park 2021 festival.
All participants are invited to submit original songs for recorded video performance online and possible in-person performance during the outdoor Art Springs festivities (safety guidelines permitting.) To be eligible for performance, songs must be submitted according to the guidelines outlined below.
Awards and Evaluations
One song will be selected for a grand prize. Selected honorable mentions may be featured as well. Songs submitted that fall outside of the specified guidelines will be adjudicated but will not be eligible for awards or for performance.
• Candidates are encouraged to submit an original song from any music genre.
• Complete submissions shall include a video recording and a lyric sheet.
• The song recording should be no longer than 5 minutes in duration.
Rules and Regulations
• Each entrant must submit full names of all contributing songwriters, a single phone and email address for a point of contact. Names of performers in the video submission are also required to properly credit those performers for their appearance, but the songwriters will be the only eligible winners.
• Each applicant may submit a maximum of two songs, but each submission requires a separate video performance.
• Plagiarism of copyrighted material is illegal. It is the responsibility of the songwriter to assure that music submitted is not copyrighted. If any elements of the song entry are copyrighted, it is the responsibility of the songwriter to secure permission for use of those elements.
• All applications can be submitted online through the Entry Form Below.
• Fill out all fields on the form, and email/upload to the HSACA.
Video files can be uploaded to the public video platform of your choice (i.e. Youtube, Vimeo, etc.) and provide the link on your application form.
Criteria for the Evaluation of Compositions
Entries will be judged based on their originality, and the power of the music and lyrics. The 2020 celebrity judge will be singer-songwriter, Tony Stampley.