2023 HSACA – The Glover Awards Rules and Entry Directions
Application deadline: APRIL 1, 2023 11:59pm ET
In honor of music industry trailblazer, songwriter, and Hot Springs native, Henry Glover, on what would have been his 100,th birthday, HSACA created the Glover Awards. The Arts & The Park 2023 Art & Soul celebration will host the 3rd annual Henry Glover Songwriting Competition.
All participants are invited to submit original songs in an online recorded video format. To be eligible to win, songs must be submitted according to the guidelines outlined below and the applicant must be available to perform live in Hot Springs, AR on Saturday, April 29, 2023.
Awards and Evaluations
There are two categories for entry, instrumental songs and songs with lyrics. One song will be selected from each category for a grand prize. Selected honorable mentions may be featured as well. Songs submitted that fall outside of the specified guidelines will be adjudicated but will not be eligible for awards or for performance.
• Candidates must submit an original song, which can be from any music genre.
• Complete submissions shall include a video recording and a lyric sheet.
• The song recording should be no longer than 5 minutes in duration.
• There will be separate categories for songs with lyrics and instrumental compositions.
Rules and Regulations
• Each entrant must submit full names of all contributing songwriters, a single phone and email address for a point of contact. Names of performers in the video submission are also required to properly credit those performers for their appearance, but the songwriters will be the only eligible winners.
• Each applicant may submit a maximum of two songs, each song requires a separate video entry.
• Plagiarism of copyrighted material is illegal. It is the responsibility of the songwriter to assure that their submission is an original composition. In the case of a song that was written by more than one person, the names and contact info of all contributing writers must be included on the submission. If any elements of the song entry are copyrighted, it is the responsibility of the songwriter to secure permission for use of those elements.
• Previous grand-prize winners are not eligible to enter or win, but are invited to perform at the following year’s competition. Previous second, third, or subsequent winners are eligible to enter.
• HSACA has the permission to copy, publish, and use material provided by applicants, including names, photos, audio, videos, and lyrics, for promotional and educational purposes.
• All applications must be submitted online. Use the application form below
• Video files can be uploaded to the public video platform of your choice (i.e. Youtube, Vimeo, etc.) and provide the link on your application form.
• Should any difficulties arise uploading the submission video, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria for the Evaluation of Compositions
Entries will be judged based on their originality, and the power of the music or lyrics.
Note: Songwriter & performers retain all copyrights
Questions? Please contact email@example.com