CALL FOR ARTWORK
ART MOVES: Creative Roots
Hot Springs Area Cultural Alliance (HSACA), the City of Hot Springs Art Advisory Committee (AAC) and Hot Springs Parks and Trails (HSP&T) are collectively producing this outdoor exhibition of paintings, drawings, and/or photographs reproduced onto metal panels to be displayed along the Hot Springs Creek Greenway Trail as part of the Art Moves outdoor art exhibition. The opening of Art Moves marks the beginning of Hot Springs’ Arts & The Park 10-day arts festival, and the exhibition remains on public display throughout the year.
The 2022 Arts & The Park festival will bridge the past, present, and future through a celebration of the arts that concentrates on our cultural heritages and how it inspires individual artistic expression.
The theme for the 2022 Art Moves exhibition, “Creative Roots,” celebrates the varied cultural backgrounds from which Arkansans come. Artists are asked to draw inspiration from their own cultural roots and traditions OR our state’s collective cultural heritage.
A panel of jurors will select up to 15 works of art from the submissions for the ART MOVES: Creative Roots exhibition. The selected artwork will be reproduced onto metal signs that will be displayed along the Hot Springs Creek Greenway Trail. Area galleries will display the framed original artworks during the 10-day Arts & The Park celebration.
Entry Deadline: Tuesday, March 1, 2022
Notification of Acceptance: March 11, 2022
Opening Reception: Friday, April 29, 2022
Art Moves Exhibition: April 29, 2022 – spring, 2023
Original Artwork Exhibited: April 29 – May 8 (2022 Arts & The Park)
- Regional artists (Arkansas and surrounding states)
- 2-D original paintings and drawings, photography, digital artwork
- Artwork submitted should fulfill thematic requirements described above
- Selected artwork will be reproduced on a 30×40 metal sign and the original canvas needs to be at ratio. (9×12, 12×16, 15×20, 18×24, 21×28, 24×32, 27×36, 30×40)
- If artwork is selected, the artist must either furnish a high resolution photo of the unframed artwork or be able to bring original unframed artwork for a scheduled photo session and be able to deliver and pick-up framed artwork for exhibit during the Arts & The Park festival.
- Submitting artists shall have sole ownership and rights to all submitted works
- 15 Juried Artist spaces
Fees, Prizes, Commissions, & Copyrights
- No entry free
- Artists of the selected artwork will receive $100 for the rights to reproduce and display the artwork for the Greenway Trail exhibit. Copyright and ownership of the painting belongs to the artist.
- Winning artists allow HSACA, AAC, and HSP&T to reproduce and publish the artwork for marketing purposes.
- Original artwork does not have to be for sale to be included in the exhibits. If an artist would like to have the original exhibited in a local gallery during Arts & The Park, the artist will need to follow that gallery’s commission agreement. HSACA, AAC, and HSP&T will not receive a portion of the commission.
Submission: Email to Mary Zunick at email@example.com
Each submission should have two attachments:
Attachment #1: Artwork JPEG, 300 dpi, high resolution
Attachment #2: Information PDF should includes the following information:
- Artist name, address, phone, and email
- Title of artwork, medium, and unframed size
- Artist biography of 50-75 words
- Artist statement (referring to the submitted work) of 50 words or less
Artists may submit 1-2 artworks, but each submission should be emailed in complete, separate emails. as indicated above.