Arts & The Park is hosted each year by the Hot Springs Area Cultural Alliance as part of the organization’s mission to celebrate the arts and culture of the Hot Springs area. Arts & The Park 2022 will include live performances, workshops, children’s events, and art exhibitions.
Some of the highlights of the 2022 festival included:
Art Moves – The annual Art Moves exhibit, made up of 15 original works of art reproduced onto 30″ x 40″ metal sheets, is installed along the Hot Springs Creek Greenway Trail and will remain there until 2023. This outdoor exhibition encourages everyone to go outdoors to enjoy nature year round. For more information about Art Moves, visit the page on this website.
Art Springs – Art Springs, the free 2-day outdoor festival, took place first weekend of Arts & The Park at Hill Wheatley Plaza in the heart of historic Hot Springs. Art Springs is an annual juried festival filled with talented fine artists, artisans, and fine crafts. Food trucks, beverages for purchase and a children’s area with a book giveaway, the Renaissance Fair, and storytelling make it an annual favorite for the entire family. Also included in the Art Springs festivities:
- Chalk Walk: A Sidewalk Chalk Event
- Children’s Book Giveaway presented in partnership with the Hot Springs Community Foundation.
- Songwriting Competition – The second annual contest that pays homage to local music legend, and 2021 festival honoree, singer/songwriter Henry Glover, went to Kimberly Hillestad.
- A full slate of talented performers took the stage featuring some of Arkansas and the region’s top “Old Time” artists with the headliner “Sad Daddy” on Saturday evening.
- Quapaw traditional dancers performed on their ancestral lands in downtown Hot Springs
Disfarmer Photography Exhibit – A photography exhibit featuring reproductions of Arkansas photographer Mike Disfarmer opened at the Hot Springs Convention Center during the festival and will remain up throughout the summer. For more information about the exhibit and to check out the virtual exhibition of photography inspired by Disfarmer’s iconic style visit the Disfarmer page on this website.
Studio Tours – Artists opened their studios for on-site tours on May 7-8. Studio Tours are presented in partnership with Riser Ford.
Gallery Walk – The first Friday of every month from 5-9 p.m. Hot Springs area galleries and participating studio spaces opened their doors for Gallery Walk.
Looking for accommodations during Arts & the Park, please check with our festival hotel partners who will be happy to assist you.