Art Springs is the free 2-day outdoor festival portion of the annual Hot Springs celebration – Arts & The Park. Art Springs is a juried festival bursting with talented fine artists, artisans. and fine crafts. Art Springs attracted 9,000 visitors in 2019! Check out the Early Bird discouted prices! Cash prizes awarded to People’s Choice booth and the HSACA Board Choice booth. Come and join this exciting festival held at the Hill Wheatley Plaza in downtown historic Hot Springs and is open from 10 am to 6 pm on Saturday, April 25 and 10 am – 4 pm on Sunday, April 26, 2020
Artists and fine crafters/makers 18 years or older are welcome to apply.
Participation in the 2020 Art Springs is through a juried process consisting of a panel of 3-4 jurors. The panel will review all submitted applications and select artists. Consideration may be given to applicants with ties to the greater Hot Springs area, area of art, willingness to demonstrate and the date of application.
The call is open to all artists and fine crafters/makers 18 years or older. Applicants must submit 6 images representative of the work they wish to exhibit. All work must be original and created by the applicant.
Fine Artists/Fine Artisans: Artists may only exhibit works in the medium they were juried into. Artists may sell only accurate representations of what their submitted photos depict. Reproductions (e.g. cards, prints) may comprise no more than 25% of inventory. Jewelry must be hand-crafted and contain no more than 40% of purchase components (fitting, beads, etc).
Crafters/Makers: Only hand made items are permitted. Craft items may contain purchased and/or reclaimed components. Hand made and home made items such as jellies and soaps are permitted. Crafters may only offer works representative of and described in their application.
The Hot Springs Area Cultural Alliance (Promoter) shall have the right to use all submitted photos in promotion and advertisement of the show.
Artist must be in attendance for duration of Art Springs. Artists are encouraged to demonstrate their art in their booth.
Applications and Judging
Once accepted, booth fees will be paid here on HotSpringsArts.org.
- The application fee will be $30.
- Applications must be submitted between OCTOBER 2, 2019 and February 20, 2020 to receive Regular pricing (application fee and booth pricing).
- Invitations will be sent to selected Regular applicants via email no later than JANUARY 15, 2020.
- Regular applicants must confirm/accept the invitation by March 1, 2020.
- Regular applicants must pay booth fee in full by April 1, 2020.
- Regular Single booth, no electricity is $100/ with electricity $125.*
- Regular Double booth, no electricity is $200, with electricity is $225.*
- Regular Applicants, if invited to participate, may be named and/or featured in event promotions.
*Due to limited double booths and booths with electricity, apply as soon as possible.
Two booth awards will be given on Sunday, April 26:
- People’s Choice
- HSACA Board Choice
Each category winner will receive a cash award and a free booth for Art Springs 2021.
- Artists are responsible for their own tents, tables, chairs, displays, grounded extension cords and dollies/carts.
- Tents and all materials must fit in the assigned booth space.
- White tents are preferred.
- Artists must provide their own booth sign clearly identifying the name of the artist and/or studio.
- The venue is black top/concrete. Tents may not be anchored to the ground. Tents must be weighted down. Hot Springs can be quite windy. Artists must provide their own weights for their tents.
- All tables must be draped to the ground. All boxes and packing materials must be hidden from view.
- There will be a stage with on-going live entertainment. No televisions, radios, cd players, etc. are permitted during festival hours. No generators are permitted.
- All prices must be clearly marked. No Sales or Discount signs permitted.
- Artists are responsible for paying sales taxes in accordance with Arkansas Department of Revenue collection agent’s guide sheets. Sales tax information packets will be given to exhibiting artists.
- Artists are responsible for the delivery, handling, erection and removal of their work and exhibit tent, tables, chairs, and equipment.
- Artists are responsible for keeping their area clean including during tear down at the end of the day. Trash barrels will be available.
- There will be security overnight Friday and Saturday, however artists are encouraged to use sides of tents, lowering tents overnight, and securing their inventory. There will be an activity and/or entertainment on the stage Friday and Saturday nights.
Days of Art Springs:
- Artists check in at the Cultural Alliance Hub to receive their booth assignment
- Set up:
- Friday, April 24, 12 – 5 pm
- Saturday, April 25, 7:00 am – 9:45 am
- All vehicles must be moved off the show grounds by 5 pm on Friday and by 8:30 am Saturday.
- Artist parking areas are within walking distance of the show grounds.
- Open hours:
- Saturday, April 25, 10 am – 6 pm*
- Sunday, April 26, 10 am – 4 pm.
- Tear down Sunday, April 26: 4 – 6 pm.
The Artists shall be financially responsible for any damage to caused by the Artists. HSACA shall notify the Artists in writing of the costs of such damage.
The Artist acknowledges and agrees that HSACA is not responsible for damage due to outdoor conditions, inclement weather, and other factors outside of our control that may effect the event.
The Artist indemnifies and holds harmless HSACA, its members, employees and trustees from and against loss, claims, damages, liability, and lawsuits arising out of the participation in and exhibition of his/her art work in this event.
If HSACA or its members, employees or trustees are made parties in a lawsuit, arbitration proceedings or mediation involving the artist’s participation or exhibition of his/her art work in this event, the Artist shall be responsible for all costs incurred, including attorney fees, by HSACA, or its members, employees or trustees in such lawsuit, arbitration proceedings, or mediation.
The artist is responsible for paying Arkansas state and city sales taxes.