Click here to Apply (https://artist.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=5868)
Any artist, 18 years or older who resides in the State of Arkansas, is welcome to apply.
Participation in the 2016 Art Springs is through a juried process consisting of a panel of 3-4 jurors. The panel will review all submitted applications and select artists who are based in Arkansas. Consideration may be given to applicants with ties to the greater Hot Springs area, area of art, willingness to demonstrate and the date of application. Invitations to selected artists will be sent to each applicant via email no later than March 4, 2019. Artists must confirm participation by April 1, 2019.
The call is open to all Arkansas artists 18 years or older. Artists must submit 4 images representative of the work they wish to exhibit. All art must be original and created by the applicant. Reproductions (e.g. cards, prints) may comprise no more than 25% of inventory. Artists may only exhibit works in the medium they were juried into. Artists may sell only accurate representations of what their submitted photos depict. The Hot Springs Area Cultural Alliance (Promoter) shall have the right to use all submitted photos in promotion and advertisement of the show.
Artist must be in attendance for duration of Art Springs. Artists are encouraged to demonstrate their art in their booth.
Applications and Judging
Once accepted, booth fees will be paid here on HotSpringsArts.org.
If you have been accepted, please pay your booth fees here.
A single booth is 10′ x 10′. A double booth is 20′ wide x 10′ deep. Up to 40 booths may be assigned.
- Single booth: $75/ no electric; $95/with electric (limited availability)
- Double booth $150/no electric; $190/with electric (limited availability).
- Due to limited double booths and booths with electricity, apply as soon as possible. The Promoter will assign all booth spaces. Date of application, art category, willingness to demonstrate and ties to Hot Springs may be used as a consideration.
- Artists are responsible for their own tents, tables, chairs, displays, grounded extension cords and dollies/carts. Artists must provide their own booth sign clearly identifying the name of the artist and/or studio.
- The venue is black top/concrete. Tents may not be anchored to the ground. Tents must be weighted down. Hot Springs can be quite windy. Artists must provide their own weights for their tents.
- All tables must be draped to the ground. All boxes and packing materials must be hidden from view.
- There will be a stage with on-going live entertainment. No televisions, radios, cd players, etc. are permitted from 10 am – 6 pm. No generators are permitted.
- All prices must be clearly marked. No Sales or Discount signs permitted.
- Artists are responsible for paying sales taxes in accordance with Arkansas Department of Revenue collection agent’s guide sheets. Sales tax information packets will be given to exhibiting artists.
- Artists are responsible for the delivery, handling, erection and removal of their work and exhibit tent, tables, chairs, and equipment.
- Artists are responsible for keeping their area clean including during tear down at the end of the day. Trash barrels will be available.
- The event will proceed rain or shine. The event may be moved to a nearby covered venue on Exchange Street. The Promoter will notify artists via text message and email by 8 pm the night of May 6. In case of inclement weather, the Promoter will follow local weather radar and determine early closure of the show to allow artist to remove work/exhibits.
- There will be no refunds or credits given.
Day of Art Springs:
- Artists check in at the Cultural Alliance Hub.
- Set up is 7:00 am – 9:45 am, Saturday, April 27, 2019.
- All vehicles must be moved off the show grounds by 8:30 am. Artist parking areas are within walking distance of the show grounds.
- Open hours: Saturday, April 27: 10 am – 6 pm – Sunday , April 29, 2019: 11 am – 4 pm.
- Tear down Sunday, April 29: 4 – 6 pm.
The Artists shall be financially responsible for any damage to caused by the Artists. HSACA shall notify the Artists in writing of the costs of such damage.
The Artist acknowledges and agrees that HSACA is not responsible for damage due to outdoor conditions, inclement weather, and other factors outside of our control that may effect the event.
The Artist indemnifies and holds harmless HSACA, its members, employees and trustees from and against loss, claims, damages, liability, and lawsuits arising out of the participation in and exhibition of his/her art work in this event.
If HSACA or its members, employees or trustees are made parties in a lawsuit, arbitration proceedings or mediation involving the artist’s participation or exhibition of his/her art work in this event, the Artist shall be responsible for all costs incurred, including attorney fees, by HSACA, or its members, employees or trustees in such lawsuit, arbitration proceedings, or mediation.
The artist is responsible for paying Arkansas state and city sales taxes.